Mallory Reads 'The Southern Vampire Mysteries'


Since it is Wednesday, I, Mallory, have decided to start off Wednesday Writings with my new stolen blog idea: Mallory Reads.

Several years ago, I was introduced to a book series that would come to be one of my favorites; The Southern Vampire Mysteries by Charlaine Harris. In recent days, I discovered a website called Mark Reads and was inspired. (You should check that out sometime. It's quite hilarious.)

What Mark does is read books one chapter at a time and writes about them, summarizing and making predictions. Since I’ve already read The Southern Vampire Mysteries, I won’t be able to give predictions as much, only for the end, but maybe summarizing will help me brush up on my Sookie Stackhouse knowledge and prepare me for the end of the series. I’ll attempt to write each chapter as if I don’t know what’s coming, and probably add in some wanted and unwanted opinions of mine.

The final book in the 13-book series comes out May 7th, 2013. I’ve thought about re-reading the series several times, and I figure now is as good a time as any. I have approximately 12 weeks to read the 12 books that are currently published. 

This may not sound exceptionally difficult, but having to read each book chapter by chapter, stopping to write about each one is sure to take some time. Working (at my actual job) from 7-4 each weekday will not help my cause either. (Plus my new gung-ho attitude about fitness has gotten me signed up for Zumba, Turbo Kick, and Couch to 5K activities.) (Plus plus I am also working on our musical rendition of Dr. Horrible in which I have to edit our songs and learn my lines…) So finding the time to read and write may be difficult. But that is what will make it a challenge.

So in the words of N’Sync, here we gooooo….

Comments

Popular Posts